PUBLICATIONS – (Peer Reviewed Journals)
- A feasibility study of brain training for people with knee osteoarthritis in a tertiary careAnton Harms, Alberto M Heredia-Rizo, G Lorimer Moseley, Raphael Hau, Caitlin Farmer, Tasha R StantonPhysiotherapy Theory and Practice, accepted for publication, 2018.
- Epidemiology and Outcomes of Traumatic Knee Dislocation: Isolated vs Multi-Trauma InjuriesGenevieve Darcy, Elton Edwards, Raphael HauInjury, accepted for publication, 2018.
- Predictors of recovery in cyclists hospitalised for orthopaedic trauma following an on-road crashBen Beck, Christina L. Ekegren, Peter Cameron, Elton R. Edwards, Andrew Bucknill, Rodney Judson, Richard Page, Raphael Hau, Mark Stevenson, Belinda J. GabbeAccident Analysis and Prevention 106: 341–347, 2017.
- A combined randomised and observational study of surgery for fractures in the distal radius in the elderly (CROSSFIRE)—a study protocolIan A Harris, Justine M Naylor, Andrew Lawson, Rachelle Buchbinder, Rebecca Ivers, Zsolt Balogh, Paul Smith, Rajat Mittal, Wei Xuan, Kirsten Howard, Arezoo Vafa, Piers Yates, Bertram Rieger, Geoff Smith, Ilia Elkinson, Woosung Kim, Mellick Chehade, Jai Sungaran, Kim Latendresse, James Wong, Sameer Viswanathan, Martin Richardson, Kush Shrestha, Herwig Drobetz, Phong Tran, Jeremy Loveridge, Richard Page, Raphael Hau, Roger Bingham, Jonathan Mulford, Ian IncollBritish Medical Journal Open 7 (6), e016100. 23 Jun 2017.
- The maximum tolerated dose of walking for community-dwelling people recovering from hip fracture: a dose-response trial.Casey Peiris, Nora Shields, Michael Kingsley, Raphael Hau, Nicolas TaylorArchives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 98(12): 2533-2539, 2017.
- Validity and reliability of an activity monitor to quantify arm movements and activity in adults following distal radius fractureAndrea Bruder, Nicholas Taylor, Nora Shields, Jodie McClelland, Raphael HauDisability and Rehabilitation, 23: 1-8, 2017.
- Twelve-month work-related outcomes following hip fracture in patients under 65 years of ageChristina Ekegren, Elton Edwards, Raphael Hau, Belinda GabbeInjury, 48(3): 701-707, 2017.
- Comparison of two different methods of intra-operative warming after pre-operative warming in prolonged surgeryClarissa Tjoakarfa, Vikram David, Altas Ko, Raphael HauJournal of Arthroplasty, 32(2): 624-627, 2017.
- Patient reported health related quality of life early outcomes at 12 months after surgically managed tibial plafond fracturesLuke J. Bonato, Elton R. Edwards, Cameron McR. Gosling, Raphael Hau, Dirk Jan Hofstee, Alex Shuen, Belinda J. GabbeInjury, 48(4): 946-953, 2017.
- Do NSAIDs impair fracture healing? A survey of Australian Orthopaedic SurgeonsCL Ekegren, P Cameron, R de Steiger, A Bucknill, S Liew, BJ Gabbe, M Richardson, A Oppy, R Page, ER Edwards, R HauJournal of Pharmacy Practice and Research, 47: 393–395, 2017.
- Twelve months outcomes following surgical repair of the Achilles tendonG Fox, BJ Gabbe, M Richardson, A Oppy, R Page, ER Edwards, R Hau, CL EkegrenInjury, 47(10): 2370-2374, 2016.
- Does clinical supervision of health professionals improve patient safety? A systematic review and meta-analysisDavid Snowdon, Raphael Hau, Sandy Leggart, Nicholas TaylorInternational Journal for Quality in Health Care, 28(4):447-455, 2016.
- A progressive exercise and structured advice program does not improve activity more than structured advice alone following a distal radial fracture: A multi-centre phase I/II randomised controlled trialAndrea Bruder, Nora Shields, Karen Dodd, Raphael Hau, Nicholas TaylorJournal of Physiotherapy 62: 145-152, 2016.
- Twelve-month mortality and functional outcomes in hip fracture patients under 65 years of ageChristina Ekegren, Elton Edwards, Raphael Hau, Belinda GabbeInjury 47(10): 2182-2133, 2016.
- Clinicians’ perceptions of decision-making regarding discharge from public hospitals to inpatient rehabilitation following trauma.Lara Kimmel, Elton R. Edwards, Raphael Hau, Richard Page, Andrew Bucknill, Belinda J. GabbeAustralian Health Review, 41(2) 192-200, 2016.
- Nails or plates for fracture of the distal femur? Data from the Victoria Orthopaedic Trauma Outcomes Registry.Hoskins W, Sheehy R, Bucknill AB, Parsons N, Hau, R, Edwards E, Griffin XLBone and Joint Journal,98B: 845-850, 2016.
- Incidence of complications associated with operative fixation of midshaft clavicle fracturesSaeed Asadollahi, Elton R Edwards, Martin Richardson, Richard Page, Raphael Hau, Peter Cameron, Belinda GabbeInjury 47: 1248-1252, 2016.
- Discharge from the acute hospital: Trauma patients’ perceptions of careLara Kimmel, Elton R. Edwards, Raphael Hau, Peter Cameron, Richard de Steiger, Belinda J. GabbeAustralian Health Review, 40(6): 625-632, 2016.
- Distal Radial Fractures in Children: Risk Factors for Redisplacement Following Closed Reduction.Asadollahi S, Ooi KS, Hau RCJournal Pediatric Orthopaedics, 35(3): 224-228, 2015.
- Surgical management of Manson III radial head fracturesGeorge Miller, Ali Humadi, Raghavan Unni, Raphael HauIndian Journal of Orthopaedics, 47(4): 323-332, 2013.
- Elbow fracture-dislocation combined with Galeazzi fracture in adult: A case report and literature review.Saeed Asadollahi, David Shepherd, Raphael C HauInternational Journal of Surgery Case Reports, 4(7): 748-752, 2013.
- Sterile Stockinette in orthopaedic surgery: a possible pathway for infectionBoekel P, Blackshaw R, Van Bavel D, Riazi A, Hau RAustralian New Zealand Journal of Surgery 82: 838-843, 2012.
- Risk factors associated with loss of position after closed reduction of distal radial fractures in childrenHang JR, Hutchison AF, Hau RCJournal of Paediatric Orthopaedics, 31(5): 501-506, 2011.
- Review article: Paediatric supracondylar humeral fractures: assessment and management in the emergency department.Allen SR, Hang JR, Hau RCEmergency Medicine Australasia, 22(5): 418-426, 2010.
- Knee replacement for osteoarthritis secondary to chronic patellar dislocation and trochlear dysplasiaHau RC, Newman JHKnee 15(6): 447-450, 2008.
- Which implant for proximal femoral osteotomy in children?Hau, G.R. Nattrass, I.P. Torode, M. O’Sullivan, D.R.V. Dickens, H.K. GrahamJournal of Pediatric Orthopedics 20(3): 336-43, 2000.
- Driving reaction time after right knee arthroscopy.Raphael Hau, Steve Csongvay, John Bartlett.Knee Surgery, Sports, Traumatology and Arthroscopy 8(2): 89-92, 2000.
- Driving reaction time before and after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.Trung Nguyen, Raphael Hau, John Bartlett.Knee Surgery, Sports, Traumatology and Arthroscopy 8: 226-230, 2000.
PUBLICATIONS (Book Chapters)
- Should the patella be resurfaced in total knee replacement?Hau R, Masri B, Garbuz DIn Wright et al (Ed):Evidence-Based Orthopaedics, 598-607
Elsevier, Philadelphia, USA, 2009.
- Vascular injuries in total knee arthroplastyHau R, Masri BIn Della Vale, C (Ed): Curbside Consultation in Knee Arthroplasty, 15-17.
SLACK publishing, 6900 Grove Road, Thorofare, NJ 08086, USA, 2008.
PUBLICATION (Invited Article)
- Review article: Prehospital management of paediatric supracondylar fracturesHye-Sung Park, Joel Seong-Jin Ang, Raphael HauJournal of Paramedic Practice, 3(12): 564-570, 2011.